Breast Augmentation Introduction
Dr. Medalie is an expert in breast augmentation and enhancement.Breast augmentation with implants is a very popular procedure for women and among the most commonly performed cosmetic surgery procedures. Either a silicone or saline-filled implant is placed under the breast tissue or beneath the chest wall muscle. After surgery, breasts will appear fuller and more shapely in contour. Incisions can be placed in the armpit, around the areola, or under the breast. Sometimes a patient’s fat can be injected (autologous fat transfer) into the breast to provide smaller changes in superior or medial fullness. Dr. Medalie typically performs breast augmentation and enhancement as an outpatient procedure in Cleveland, Ohio. When you schedule a breast augmentation consultation with Dr. Medalie, he will go over the procedure in depth, show you numerous patient pictures and let you feel the different types of implants to get an idea of what is the best fit for your body.
- Breast Implant Safety
- Mentor Corporation Website and Implant Information
- Allergan Corporation Website and Implant Information
- FDA Breast Implant Safety Information
- The Rice Test- an easy way to test implant sizes at home!
- Dr. Medalie is a featured contributor on Breast Implants on RealSelf.